1.26.2014

January in Temecula


I'm not sure what I was thinking when I suggested that we take a drive down to Temecula on a January day.  As you can see, the grape vines were in their dormant stage.  But there was still plenty of wine to taste.  We started in downtown Temecula for a little olive oil tasting at the Temecula Olive Oil Company.  This family owned business grows their own olives and hand presses them to make their delicious extra virgin olive oils.  Another great shop that we visited was the Old Town Spice & Tea Merchants.  They have some amazing things in this shop besides spices.  I picked up a bag of green bamboo rice.  Never have I seen that before.  After our shopping, we got back on the road and headed to the wineries.  We did some tasting at Europa Village and had a great lunch at Calloway.

No comments:

Post a Comment